5.23.2011

Goodnight, Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian

This is the last novel that I had to read for my children's lit. class so this will be my last time mentioning this.

I loved this novel!

It takes place during WWII in London. William Beech is evacuated from London to a small town and is taken care by Tom Oakley who is and elderly man and the town grouch.

Now usually for some reason I usually stay away from war novels (Why you ask. Well I just never really enjoyed them) This novel is so sweet and was quickly wrapped up into the story. The novel follows Williams’s time in the small town and shows how he adapts and grows but don't worry for those who are thinking this is just another sappy novel its not. There’s a twist and I won't reveal what it is because I'd rather you found out by reading this lovely novel and I despise spoilers.

So I of course rate this novel with two checkmarks and you should pick it up!

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment