5.20.2011

12. The Conversations by Walter Murch & Michael Ondaatje

Now this is a non-fiction book and I had to read it for my English class. The entire book is a long interview between Michael Ondaatje (writer) who is interviewing Walter Murch (film editor). But these are not one line questions answered with a small paragraph. Like the title it’s a conversation. They equally contribute to the book and it’s more of a discussion between two friends. They discuss editing and the go into detail about different films Murch has worked on. They compare film editing to writing. And discuss whether editing is equally or more important than the director.

I was fascinated and intrigued throughout the entire book.

But I know that this wouldn't intrigue or fascinate everyone. If your a movie buff, or into editing, or even the interested in how a story is made in a film and how the editor puts all the clips together to form a movie. This is the book for you.

I truly enjoyed this book and it really put me into the mode to create something.

I rate this book two checkmarks.

Love,

That book fiend

No comments:

Post a Comment