5.20.2011

13. Breaktime by Aiden Chambers

An interesting book.


But I didn't particularly enjoy it.

The novel follows around a teenage boy on a mission to lose his virginity. (is a very quick way to sum the novel up)

Although I did not enjoy this novel. I did find it interesting on how Chambers chose to narrate the novel. He uses drawings at times, excerpts from others books and other different things. The main character Ditto narrates but takes on a challenge by his friend and he is trying to defend literature. So Ditto writes what happens to him like it is a novel. Although the plotline itself did not attract me. The way you can explore the story and examine what he is saying between the lines and with the pictures is intriguing.

So I rate this novel one x and one checkmark.

Bye for now!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment